Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mightbe the Be-all and the end-all --- here!: Personal Analysis of my Blog

 Macbeth:
If it were done, when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly. If th' assassination
Could trammel up the consequence, and catch
With his surcease, success: that but this blow
Might be the be-all and the end-all—here,
But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,
We'd jump the life to come.

Macbeth act 1 scene 7

How appropriate the words of Macbeth are for this blog post. At the MIGHT end all be all of my Shakespeare class this blog is a personal evaluation of my blog and a reflection of my effort and success.  
 Personal Evaluation
 A. Posts

1. Quantity: I feel that I far exceed the number of necessary posts at 49.

2. Content: When I first began this class and a few towards the end my posts were more exploratory and casual with some exception. The last few weeks of class all of my posts have been expository and persuasive. I personally feel I have done more expository research than most from what I have seen. I used many video’s threw out the semester as well as other forms of media such as the news. I have pictures on many of my later blogs however I have seen on others blogs much better use of images. I feel I did the best I could from what I understood. My subject topic required a lot of primary sources so I have more than I feel is usual.

3. Format:  I actually am really proud of my titles (like this blog one). I felt like I gave them some good thought and they were interesting and with the blog theme. I have jump brakes for all my log posts. But I have no tags however I don’t think we were taught how to do them because I have no idea.

B. Research

1. Thematic focus: I feel that I excel at maintaining a thematic focus.  In my seed blog I showed how information was contributed from the majority of my blog posts to my final thesis and I use the title of my Blog as a major contributor to the conclusion of my paper.

2. Thesis & Cohesion:  I final hub post does make a claim and make a very intelligent argument. It also has a hub posts bring prior relevant posts.   

3. My sources are clearly listed on a separate web page and cited throughout. I was only made aware of linking my sources page as of a week ago and have linked them sense then.

C. Personal & Social

1. Author identity: is clearly stated with picture and blog posts demonstrated a personal connection. I think the design reflects my personality. I spent hours learning throughout the semester how to design it and then designing it.  

2. Documentation of Process: I have a good number of posts narrating my process of inquiry.

3. Interaction: There is sufficient evidence from my blog that I interacted with others.

D. Design 

I feel the media, color and other design  are appropriate to my personality and subject of research. I have only a few widgets that are appropriate. I don’t like when people have a lot of widgets it distracts from the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment