Monday, January 9, 2012

Back to Blogging : Visual Rhetoric

 Blogging visual rhetorical images for my Visual Rhetoric class. These are images that I found to be visually striking with what little I know about visual rhetoric.



This picture shows the the Rhetorical mechanism "Antithesis." In the pic we see how mind numbingly hideous guys are and the complete and perfect opposite sister missionary's are.  It inspires girls to be sister missionaries because they can see the need for them.




Good class picture.


The add show that with McCain and Palin the world will end and families are in jeopardy. Inspires a need to vote against them to protect family.




I like the feeling of freedom you get when you ride motorcycles. By comparing suave with motorcycles and the colon in make me want to buy some of it.  


 I think this is a great example of showing the everyone
is doing it so its cool, even though we know now its not.




A visual representation of the rhetoric of words when spoken by people in power. I think its President Clinton being depicted, if so the picture shows that Clinton's words are deadly.





The image that lead to billions of dollars of debt and millions of lives lost



The "Its cool to do drugs" image that started a really dumb craze, that kills.



Political cartoon showing Obama outdoing Christ. Religion can be a major motivator.


Enough said



 I like this image because I like to party and I like BYU.



Sex and beach sale.




Political cartoon showing how uncle SAM takes your property. Taking peoples positions can be an issue of real contention.



Darth Vader = scary. The image shows him in front of a planet that is being destroyed and a weapon that can destroy it. Makes me want to see a show that shows a person that can defeat it.



A perfect female physic and a scorpion going up her nose. It is so creepy that it shocks me and I want to read all the fine print to see what the image is all about.

A substance that is designed to inebriate is juxtaposed by a man that is in complete control. This would be another add that says if you want to be a man and be cool, drink this beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment