Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Truth is truth To the end of reckoning

My favorite part of reading is discovering little truths from the text and debating them with others. To me unlocking the little truths is an adventure and I love adventures. This blog is my creative narration of my process of discovery of Shakespeare. I will start by getting a good foundation of Shakespeare’s background, basic characteristics to look for, and rhetorical devices to watch for as I read. While establishing a foundation I will look for something I am passionate about in his texts. I will proceed to read what others have written on the topic I am passionate about.  My hope is that between discovering my passions about Shakespeare and research others have written I can create an explication that will change in some small way the way people can read Shakespeare.

 

Some questions I want to answer in this blog are

-What does contemporary literature say about Shakespeare?
-What light can my unique life experiences shine on Shakespeare?
-What is the best way to go about reading Shakespeare?
-What is most appealing about Shakespeare to me?
-How does virtual learning of today shine more light on text?
-How would it be performed?
-What sort of science and technology does Shakespeare include in his text and how that enhances the readers understanding?
-What the politics of that time were and the effects they had on the text?
-What tools (I.E. Preparation, Research, social, media, create/performance/memorize, or reading paradises)are best for me to understand and get the most out of his literature?
-What questions are good to keep in mind as you read?
-What theory’s/ philosophy’s allow deeper understanding to Shakespeare’s text?  
-And I will include a list of good quotes from each text I read.
What I want from this blog is a good depth and breadth of understanding Shakespeare. I want to establish the best way for me to get the most out of Shakespeare. I want to know what new light I can shine on Shakespeare’s literature. I will be stealing ideas from other blogs and researchers and will site them as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment