Monday, January 24, 2011

starting to get the most out of Shakspeare

I promised I have been exploring ways to for me to understand Shakespeare this is simply what I did this last week to understand Hamlet as I read it.
1. I have a hard time remember characters listed so I went to Wikipedia and wrote down a quick list of characters on paper so I could refer to it each time I read a name I could look at it and recall the characters history. This was very helpful and allowed me to follow the characters much easier and I could add stuff as I went along about the characters.
2. Watched the play online as suggested. I watched the sparknotes movie of the play preformed as suggested in the class. I was very helpful in getting a overview of the play. The problem is that I watched it after I read the play so it did seem very simple. I plan to watch the play preformed before I read the text on my next play.
3. I read the cliffnotes for the play and the no fear Shakespeare. I think this was very helpful. I have found that you could spend ALL your time reading Shakespeare and working on this class. So beginning with the cliffnotes and the no fear Shakespeare than moving to the text only is a great idea for anyone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you starting to document your learning process. You might spell check your blog posts before posting them (which is usually automatic in Blogger, so watch for those red underlined words...like "preformed").

    Your blog is still not using Intense Debate. Come see me if you can't make that work. This is a requirement.

    ReplyDelete