Monday, March 7, 2011

Subject Topic: Psychoanalysis of Shakespeare

After FINALLY being able to meet with Dr. Burton I have locked down what it is that I plan to do for my final subject topic. I plan on doing a Psychoanalysis of Shakespeare by using my own research and what little primary research that is out there on him to show how as he got older he put more of his personality in his plays and was less interested in entertaining. For those of you who think that they could mutually benefit with me from each others research PLEASE comment on this post! even if its simply just one word.


Subject Topic Outline for my Final Thesis

1. I will look at the the article “The Rise of the Novel” by Ian Watt and why people read in retrospect of Shakespeare's plays.

-Im doing this to show why Psychoanalyzing Shakespeare is important today
-This seems to be a big topic on the internet
-I plan to reference back to past information on my blogs
"Finding the roots; Why do we read Shakespeare?"
"Contemporary Literature and Shakespeare: Othello"
Your “The Comedies” Experience?

2. That will lead me to how people read. Author vs Reader interpretation

-I'm doing this to show why it is important for Psychoanalyze Shakespeare at all
- I plan to reference back to my blog post Comedies ... Some big questions :(
especially the comments that were made on that blog and on Davids blog from Feb. 3 "The Authorship question, thanks to Twitter" on those comments.

 3. This will lead to the main topic of my paper Psychoanalysis of Shakespeare

-I plan to reference back to all the Biographical work I have done

My I sit in the scorner’s seat?: A little cloudy on are history Shakespeare?
The more I dig, the more I realize im just scratching the surface
 The successful accident
One that loved too well: A Perfect Valentines Day post


-I plan to compare Henry v to Hamlet and A Winters Tale to show what kind of a man Shakespeare was

  I plan to address the issues

Why Shakespeare wrote Henry v, Hamlet, and A Winters Tale?
How people have responded to Henry v, Hamlet, and A Winters Tale?
How the later plays reflect more of Shakespeare's personality?
Why do people read Shakespeare?
What kind of man was Shakespeare?
Why did Shakespeare write what he did?
Why this information is important?

No comments:

Post a Comment