Monday, March 14, 2011

Performance/Digital Mediation/ :(






Recently I have been on a role with my Shakespeare study. So excitedly I decided this 
 weekend that I was going to do my performance for class. I had the idea to do a comical reenactment of Shakespeare’s famous speech by king Henry in the play King Henry V before the final battle against the French where the English are out numbered 5 to 1, it’s called The Saint Crispin’s Day speech. This would count as a performance/ my exploration into digital mediation. I was really excited however the speech turns out to be a lot longer and a TON harder to memorize than I had expected. I spent an hour Friday and much more time Saturday but the old English and LONG quotation is making it very difficult. I think I’m going to give it a little bit of attention each day tell I have it memorized but it’s taking a lot of time out of the time I should be doing research.  I am open for any ideas if anyone knows a good way to memorize a long speech or maybe I’ll just cut the speech down. I thought it would be just like memorizing information for school but it is definitely different

                                           The speech done below is the one I want to memorize.

No comments:

Post a Comment